Spice up your kitchen with new lighting! Brenna Maimberg, a writer for Houzz, list 13 different ways to add personality to your kitchen. So have a look and see if one of these ideas would look perfect in your kitchen!
13 Kitchens That Add Personality With Pendants
The fun finishes and unusual shapes of hanging lights brighten up these kitchens
1. Ikea inspiration. Bare bulbs dangle from colorful wires in this London home full of DIY projects and Ikea hacks. The two architects who call this kitchen home came up with the design and created most of the furnishings themselves.
Throughout the kitchen, you’ll find nooks for storage and other colorful kitchen essentials, such as pots and mugs, hanging from a painted pegboard.
2. Electrified lanterns. This Texas family wanted the kitchen to have an eclectic feel, and these lanterns fit the bill. They found them at a local antiques mall and had them converted into pendant lights. They pair well with the blue cabinets and row of blue bar stools.
3. Sculpted light. Two pendants made from sculptural wood hang above this San Antonio kitchen island. The designer, who is also the homeowner, used the lights to help create the clean, transitional feel in her kitchen. She finished off the room with white subway tiles and Carrara marble countertops.
4. Creative invention. Nothing is traditional in this converted shipping-container home, including the lights. The designer, who is also a TV personality, transformed vintage gelatin molds into pendant lights. Other custom creations found in this home include fold-down shelves and a handmade coffee table.
5. Island lights. This Canadian family loves to entertain and cook — so much so that they can host up to 25 guests at their place. To meet the needs of the big crowds, they added a long island to the kitchen. Shiny, cone-shaped pendants hang above the space to illuminate party prep and food.
6. Energizing accents. As soon as you walk through the front door of this New Orleans home, the red pendants in the kitchen catch your eye. These two red lights hang right above the countertop. The homeowners chose them for their energizing color.
7. Oversize option. This California homeowner wanted a modern vibe in her kitchen. She achieved that through linear hardware, a waterfall-edge marble island, high-arch faucet and these oversize pendant lights. These details are a small part of how this kitchen went from closed off and dark to open and light filled.
9. Farmhouse dream. Vine basket lights hang over the island, giving the kitchen a warm, inviting feel. That’s exactly what this Tennessee homeowner wanted for her kitchen and her whole home.
She adds more farmhouse touches throughout the kitchen, from white shiplap walls to a wooden breadboard.
10. Kitchen feature. This England homeowner knew she wanted a mix of classic and modern in her home. This look came together in the kitchen thanks to pendant lights that hang over the island. She found them in a lighting store and instantly fell in love with them. Today, they are a big feature in her custom kitchen.
11. Bright white globes. This Denver couple started their home remodel in the kitchen. Over the course of six months, they changed just about everything in the kitchen, including the lighting. They landed on brass and glass, which matches the rest of the kitchen hardware and materials.
12. Coastal style. The beachy look of this Florida home continues all the way into the kitchen. The couple used white brick and reclaimed wood to give the space a rustic feel. They also decided to spend more on features they knew they would love for a long time, such as the pendant lights and the marble island underneath.
13. Totally personalized pendant. When this Oregon homeowner couldn’t find the right light for her kitchen, she took matters into her own hands. She purchased the materials on eBay and the local hardware store and created her own light.
For more information visit: www.houzz.com